Sunday, May 3, 2009

Perennials for summer and spring flowers?

which perennials are the best to plant? I would like good ones for spring flowering and good ones for summer flowering.

Perennials for summer and spring flowers?
These are some of what I grow:





snowdrops, daffodils, crocus, tulips (bloom early spring)


carnations (bloom late spring)


moonbeam coreopsis (blooms all summer)


hardy hibscus (blooms mid summer)


butterfly plant (blooms late summer)


montauk daisies (bloom late summer)


asters (these bloom in early fall)
Reply:Before I can answer this one for you, I need a general idea of what zone you live in. It makes a big difference for the types of plants you can actually grow.





I live in zone 2 to 3 area. I can grow tulips, crocuses, daffodils and Irises as well as peonies and bleeding hearts. These all tend to bloom for me in late May and through June. Mind you, I have to contend with the deer population. They treat my garden as an all you can eat buffet.





There are many different varieties of summer to fall perennials but again, it depends on your zone.





You can contact me for me info if you like.


No comments:

Post a Comment