Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Who was the author of the saying,"Spring has sprung. The grass is riz. I wonder where dem flowers is---at?

Who wrote this saying? When? How did it get popularized? Is there any association with the Lent season? What is the original version? Where was it first published? Is there a melody with it? What is the history of this saying? Repeating the saying here: "Spring is sprung. The grass is riz. I wonder where dem flowers is? AT!"

Who was the author of the saying,"Spring has sprung. The grass is riz. I wonder where dem flowers is---at?
There are controversies but the saying is attributed the most to Frederic Ogden Nash (August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971), an American poet best known for writing pithy and funny light verse.
Reply:i don't know who said it first, but they should be quickly dispatched.





my mom used to say that, and it always drove me nuts!


No comments:

Post a Comment