Thursday, May 20, 2010

I want to plant bulb flowers. Can I plant the bloomed plants or do I have to wait til they are just bulbs?

I love tulips, iris, daffodills, etc., and I would like to see them pop up in the spring. I would like to get some bloomed plants and plant them in my yard. Do I have to do anything special to them when they die off? HELP! I am lost as to the right proticol on bulb flowers.


Would appreciate any and all help I can get!


Thanks!


TTFN


MOM

I want to plant bulb flowers. Can I plant the bloomed plants or do I have to wait til they are just bulbs?
you need to wait until fall, after the first frost, dig the bulbs and replant them. easier to just buy a few bulbs in the fall and plant them, either way they should be planted in late fall or early winter
Reply:As long as you dont have a "flower" on them at the time of planting, you shouldnt have any problems...





I wish you well..





Jesse


No comments:

Post a Comment