Tuesday, May 18, 2010

When does the Passion Flower start coming up in the Spring?

I have a Beautiful Passion Flower and I want to know when I should stat seeing it starting to come up, because it has been cooler than Normal in April in zone 6.

When does the Passion Flower start coming up in the Spring?
Passion flowers are not hardy. they can only take temperatures down to 28F and the younger vines are even more tender than that. So zone 6 probably won't work unless you use a greenhouse or something.





you could try a red trumpet vine, they are beautiful and very hardy.
Reply:I love passionflower but live in a zone 5 area. I was told that they need to be a container plant and brought in when cold weather comes. mine didn't flower until later in the summer but continued til late fall.


No comments:

Post a Comment