Thursday, May 20, 2010

What is the best way to keep mandevillas inside (and thriving) during winter so I may replant them in spring?

What is the best way to keep mandevillas (showy pink flowering vine with dark green glossy leaves) inside (and thriving) during winter so I may replant them in Spring? Do I need to cut the long and vines before bringing them indoors for the winter or can I simply leave the long vines as they are so they may simply pick up where they left off when Spring comes around? Any and all suggestions would be most appreciated!

What is the best way to keep mandevillas inside (and thriving) during winter so I may replant them in spring?
MASTER GARDENER TO THE RESCUE.





I've tried it... it didn't do well at all. Unless you have a sun room, it will never get enought light to be happy. As a 15 plus year MASTER GARDENER I suggest you not waste your time %26amp; energy on a project that is doomed from the start. (remember I said this next spring when you can say I was right.)


I suggest you just start with a new plant next spring. It is by far your best bet. Trust me. Been there, done that.... and have seen countless others try %26amp; fail.


No comments:

Post a Comment