Tuesday, May 18, 2010

What bulbs are good to plant for spring butterflies?

Hello-


I am interested in planinting some bulbs for spring. I am very new at gardening, but I am trying to make an area in my backyard for birds %26amp; butterflies. Since it is too late in the year for me (I'm in Ohio) to get anything else to thrive, I am thinking of putting some bulbs down. Any ideas/thoughts/tips on my area would be good. I am planning on putting in a birdbath, feeder, and flowers. THANKS!

What bulbs are good to plant for spring butterflies?
IRISES,LILIES,CANNAS,YOU CAN ALSO MAKE BUTTERFLY HOUSES JUSTLIKE BIRD HOUSES EXCEPT IN STEAD OF A ROUND ENTRANCE HOLE,IT HAS A LONG SLIT,YOU CAN LOOK IT UP ON THE INTERNET ON HOW TO BUILD ONE.IT GIVES BUTTERFLIES A PLACE TO TURN FROM CATTIPILLAR TO BUTTERFLY!
Reply:We have little bushes that are called butterfly bushes and they really attract them, but they are not bulbs. The only thing bulb wise I can think of for spring are Tulips, Daffodils, Crocus, or something along that line. Hope this helps


No comments:

Post a Comment